Monday, September 8, 2014

Nautical Coasters

Reposted from former blog, Just Add Sparkles.

Does anyone else suffer from the "Oh-I-can-easily-make-that" syndrome? Well I suffer from it BIG TIME. I have this belief that it will be much cheaper to make something myself and yet when all is said and done I'm pretty sure I've spent just as much money and a whole lot of time on the project. But making things yourself - even if you are completely ripping off another idea - is just so rewarding.

In our new home I have embarked on decorating our living room with a nautical theme. Not beach . . . just nautical, and yes there is a difference. And I've found myself constantly battling with my "I-can-make-that" syndrome. And it's got the best of me. After spending DAYS on my beautiful blue and white striped curtains I thought I would never tackle another project for my living room again. UNTIL . . . I decide to make these babies.



They were a piece of cake and restored my faith in my "I-can-make-that" abilities. I used 4.5 feet of rope per coaster and simply rolled up the rope hot gluing along the way. Some of my coasters didn't turn out completely flat so I put them underneath some heavy books and that fixed the problem.



Lastly I cut out circles of felt and glued them on the bottom of each one. And as quick as that they were done!


They look perfect in my beautiful nautical living room.  Now I'm just itching to start another "I-can-make-that" adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment